Consular Processing or Adjustment of Status

After I-526 approval, investors must either schedule an interview at the consulate in their home countries or, if they are already in the U.S. on another status, they may adjust status and receive their green card without leaving the country. AII Law handles all steps involved in either process.

For investors seeking visas abroad, our staff prepares forms and documents required by the U.S. Department of State on behalf of our clients. We also are happy to assist with preparing clients for their consular interview, both by providing documents and making our staff available to our overseas clients by telephone or Skype. Investors receive an immigrant visa from their home consulate or embassy and enter the U.S. thereafter as lawful permanent residents.

For investors adjusting status here, we submit three applications with the USCIS. The most important one seeking to adjust to lawful permanent resident status, but also one seeking Advance Parole and one for Work Authorization, which will allow the investor to work in the U.S. or travel and return from abroad while the Adjustment of Status is pending.

In both of these cases, the end result is the same – upon successfully entering the U.S. on an immigrant visa or adjusting status, investors will receive a two year Green Card shortly after that.